When a Top Hat course is linked to a Minerva module, it will automatically create a column in that module’s Grade Centre, which will default to aggregating all of the course’s Top Hat content as a single grade. You can change the way that Top Hat results are displayed in Grade Centre by following the steps below.
If you've not already linked your Top Hat course to Minerva, see how to link your Top Hat course to a Minerva module.
1. Once you have entered your course, go to Course Settings by clicking on the course settings button on the middle of the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
2. In the course settings menu select Legacy LMS Sync from the tabs along the top of the screen.
3. Scroll down to the Grade Export Options and click Edit.
4. You will now see the three Grade Export Options:
Course - All Top Hat content is recorded as one big aggregate grade per student in a single column in Grade Centre.
All top-level folders - Each top-level folder is recorded as a column and content in your folders will be totalled to the folder level. Minerva will show columns titled “TH-[Folder Name]”, where Folder Name reflects your folder titles in Top Hat.
Specified folders only - Only folders you choose will be recorded as a column, per student as a single column in Grade Centre.
We would recommend using Specified top-level folders only when exporting as this gives you control over exactly which marks are being exported.
Schools should not release assessed test/assessment marks through Top Hat. Grades/marks must be approved at the Assessment Boards and sent to A&P. A&P then release the final marks. Schools can release semester marks as provisional but it must be clear that the marks are subject to approval.
Once completed click the Run LMS sync button.
Further Help and Support
You can access help and support from within Top Hat once you are logged in:
- Live chat by clicking on the speech bubble icon next to your name, this is available between 2pm to 8pm GMT on weekdays.
- Raise a support ticket by clicking on the question mark icon.
Support is also available via the Leeds IT website. Please remember to log in as this will give you additional support options.