Join a Top Hat Course using a Join Code - Student Guide
If you have a Top Hat account, there are two ways you can be added to a Top Hat course:
- Your tutor might share a join code with you which you will use to join the course (guidance on how to use the code is shown below).
- You may be automatically added by your tutor.
If you do not have a Top Hat account:
- You may receive an invitation email from your tutor asking you to create a Top Hat account so that you can be automatically added to a Top Hat course, see Create a Top Hat account in response to an email invite from your tutor asking you to join a course
Joining a Top Hat course using a Join Code
You can join a Top Hat course if your tutor shares the join code with you and you have created a Top Hat account.
Using a Web Browser
If you are using a web browser, if you are currently in a course, go to the Top Hat course lobby by Clicking the three lines in the top left hand corner of the screen and selecting my courses.
Click on Join Course and enter the 6-digit Top Hat join code that has been shared with you. Click Join Course to enrol in it.
Using the App
Using the iOS app: If you are currently in a course, tap where it says My Courses in the upper left hand corner. Tap the plus button in the top right-hand side to search. Enter the 6-digit Top Hat join code that has been shared with you and then tap enroll.
Using the Android app: if you are currently in a course, tap on the X the upper left hand corner then tap on the plus in the bottom right-hand corner. Enter the 6-digit Top Hat join code that has been shared with you and then tap enroll.
Once enrolled on a course it should appear in your Top Hat course lobby so you can easily access it when you log in.
In some cases, you may be required to enter a course password to enrol on a course. You will only be required to enter a course password if your tutor has set one up. The only way to obtain a course password is directly from your tutor.
Further Help and Support
You can access help and support from within Top Hat once you are logged in:
- Live chat by clicking on the speech bubble icon next to your name, this is available between 2pm to 8pm GMT on weekdays.
- Raise a support ticket by clicking on the question mark icon.
Support is also available via the Leeds IT website. Please remember to log in as this will give you additional support options.