The Academic Integrity tutorial and test - Student Guide
What is Academic Integrity?
Leeds students are part of an academic community that shares and develops ideas. You need to work with others, interpret and present other people's ideas, and produce your own independent academic work.
It is essential that you can distinguish between other people’s work and your own, and correctly acknowledge other people’s work. This tutorial and test is designed to show you how to avoid plagiarism and instil good practice for your time here at Leeds.
All work you submit for assessment is expected to be your own independent work. Where you have worked with others, or where you present other people’s work as part of your assessment, or work you have previously submitted for assessment at the University or elsewhere, you must fully acknowledge this.
All taught students new to Leeds from the 2022/23 academic year onwards should complete the tutorial and pass the test.
There are no limits on the number of attempts. You can review the tutorial and try again until you pass.
How to access the tutorial and testClick here to access the Academic Integrity Tutorial
- Log in to Minerva: https://minerva.leeds.ac.uk/
- Select Organisations from the Global menu on the left to show a list of your organisations.
- Select the 22/23 Academic Integrity Organisation
- If you cannot see the 22/23 Academic Integrity organisation you may need to scroll through the list or use the Search to find it.
You should now see the Academic Integrity materials. If you know you need to take the test and you can't see the organisation in Minerva, contact the IT Service Desk.
The tutorial and test will take you about 45 minutes to complete. Once you have completed the tutorial you can take the test. The test has 10 multiple choice questions. You can take the test as many times as you need, and you can see your results by following the Check my attempts link in the menu.
- Need help understanding 'Academic Integrity'? Please contact your academic personal tutor.
- If you have technical issues accessing the materials or taking the test, please contact the IT Service Desk.