PebblePad training is delivered by OD&PL and the Digital Education Systems Team. You can find and book onto upcoming training sessions by visiting the OD&PL Course Catalogue or the Digital Education Systems Courses & Events.
If you are unable to attend the available training dates, or prefer to learn at your own pace, recorded versions of the training sessions can be accessed from the links below. There are also step-by-step guides for staff and step-by-step guides for students available on the Digital Education Systems Help website.
The below recorded sessions are aimed at staff using PebblePad to share information online or to build content for teaching and learning. If you are looking for training as part of your LeedsforLife APT role, please search the OD&PL Course Catalogue.
Pebble+ is the first component of PebblePad and it is the personal learning space. It offers tools to create records of learning, experience and achievement, and for staff to create template scaffolds to support students in producing structured projects.
- Introduction to PebblePad - navigation and the dashboard focused on Pebble+, the personal learning space
- What is a Workbook? - basic structure of a workbook, a multi-page template that can be used as a scaffold with sections for students to fill in
- What is a Portfolio? - basic structure of a portfolio, a multi-page presentation that contains two or more Assets
- PebblePad Workbook Basics – build a basic workbook, focused on content blocks, properties, pages
- PebblePad Portfolio Basics - build a basic portfolio, focused on content blocks, properties, pages
- Introduction to Template, Pages and Blogs – some examples and how to use them
- Beyond Basics of Workbooks – advanced content blocks, nested workbooks, advanced properties
- Beyond Basics of Portfolios - advanced content blocks, nested portfolios, advanced properties
- Creating Templates, Pages and Blogs
- Creating Collections - create a collection, a single page that can bring together Assets based on tags, asset type or date range
ATLAS is the second component of PebblePad and it is the institutional assessment space. Workspaces are located in ATLAS and are used for tutors and assessors to view submissions, add feedback, grades.
- Integrating PebblePad with Minerva - full process of creating a PebblePad workspace and assignments via a Minerva area, including synced enrolments and grades. PebblePad workspaces cannot be retrospectively linked with Minerva so that training is a good starting point for setting up ATLAS.
- Introduction to ATLAS - navigation and the dashboard focused on ATLAS, the institutional assessment space
- ATLAS Basics - how to build a workspace - build a workspace with an LTI sync or with manual enrolments
- Using an ATLAS Workspace – viewing submissions, running reports, providing comments and formative feedback
- Troubleshooting in ATLAS workspaces – how to help students, assessment issues