In this article
Create a Padlet
2. The Padlet dashboard will appear, choose + Make a Padlet.
3. You will then be asked to Select your Padlet format from 7 blank templates. Each template has a description to help you to decide.
Your Padlet will then be created and the Modify menu will be displayed (if not, click the cog icon in the top right to open it).
- Give your Padlet a Title (there will be a default title entered, you’ll need to replace this)
- Give it a description (there will be a default description entered, delete this, entering a new one is optional)
- Choose the wallpaper for your Padlet (avoid white as it can make comments harder to see).
- Decide your posting settings:
- Attribution – Do you want your contributors names to appear above their posts. Names will only appear if the contributor adding a post or comment has a Padlet account and they are logged in. If you want all posts to be attributed to the poster you will need to ask them to add their names to their posts.
- New post position – first or last.
- Comments – Do you want to allow contributors to comment on each other’s posts.
- Reactions – Do you want to allow contributors to react to each other’s posts.
If you want to change the format once the Padlet has been created it is possible to do this. Click the ellipses in the top right and choose Change Format from the drop down menu that appears. You will then be given the option to choose with of the other format styles. Your Padlet may go blank whilst it works to convert the format and it can take a few moments for the new format style to appear.
Add Posts to a Padlet
1. Double-tap or click the add (+) button on the Padlet.
2. Add a title and some content. Tap Publish to post it to the Padlet.
Share your Padlet
Once you have created your Padlet and are ready to share it, you will need to define your sharing permissions.
If you prefer to follow written guidance, see How to Share your Padlet.
Getting Inspiration for your Padlets
You can view examples of Padlets in the Gallery (when you are on the Padlet home page).
Further Help and Support
Support documentation and video tutorials can be accessed from within your Padlet dashboard. Select the question mark icon from the bottom left hand corner of the dashboard and choose Knowledge base or Video tutorials.