Before you can start using Padlet you will need to create your account by following a few steps. The University has procured Padlet Backpack licences for it’s staff and students. Backpack offers a more private, more secure instance of Padlet which is more suited to educational use.
Staff and students using their University of Leeds Padlet account will be able to create unlimited Padlets and upload larger file sizes than are supported by other Padlet account types.
Staff will also be able to embed Padlet’s into Minerva areas and Microsoft Teams channels.
Watch – Create a Padlet account
In this article
Create a Padlet account
1. Go to https://universityofleeds.padlet.org and select Log in with Microsoft and enter your credentials. Sign up with your firstname.lastname@example.org credentials, please do not use @adm.leeds email accounts. Microsoft will then ask if you confirm you sign in with your email@example.com – click Next.
2. A Permissions requested window should appear, click Accept.
3. Some users may be taken to the University’s sign on page, please enter your University firstname.lastname@example.org and password and click Sign In. You will then be taken to the Padlet dashboard where you can start to create your first Padlet.
4. Your new account may have two tabs: Padlet Basic and University of Leeds. You must ensure Padlets are in the University of Leeds tab if you wish to share them. The Basic account can be deleted in settings if desired.
Your Padlet Profile
Your user profile will generate a unique URL: https://universityofleeds.padlet.org/Your Padlet Username. Any user who has your account URL can view your basic profile i.e. your name, Padlet username and any biography or photo you have the option of adding. You can edit your profile by clicking on the cog on the bottom left hand side of the Padlet homepage (when viewing on a PC).
Logging into your Padlet account
Once an account has been created you can log in to your Padlet account by going to:
– Minerva (only staff users can log in through Minerva)
– Microsoft 365 (see how below).
Logging in through Microsoft 365
1.Go to All Apps and click on the Padlet icon
2. Some users may get prompted to log in to Padlet when they access it from within Microsoft 365 – if this happens to you, please select Backpack/Briefcase user? Login here.
3. You will then be prompted to enter your domain, enter the University Padlet domain: https://universityofleeds.padlet.org and click Continue.
4. Choose Log in with Microsoft. You should then be taken to the Padlet dashboard.
You are now ready to create your first Padlet. For guidance on how to create a Padlet see, Create and Share a Padlet.